Thursday, December 20, 2012

11 Reasons

Tomorrow is Christian's birthday. Since most of the world is preparing for another big birthday party this time of year, sometimes he gets a little bit forgotten...even by me.  But, this year I've been doing the 12 Days of Christian* for him, in an effort to celebrate him as much as possible.  Today is the 11th Day of Christian, which is supposed to be 11 pipers piping. Well, forget the pipes. 

(With the help of Instagram photos) Here are 11 reasons why I'm so glad Christian was born on a cold December day 28** years ago--and that he is my man forever.

He's thoughtful.
 He shoveled the neighbors' driveway and I didn't so much as hint that he should (let's face it, I hadn't even thought about it until he was half way done).

He's persistent. 
He doesn't let hard things stop him from achieving or in this case having fun.  (I won't say anything about the bum picture. That would embarrass him.)


He's patient.
 He has spent lots of hours holding a sick, sad or tired Rosie.  To say nothing about sick, sad or tired me.

He's loves our little girl.


Rosie loves him.

He's long-suffering. 
As of July (when this picture was taken) Christian had been in "busy season" at work for all but 5 weeks  out of the whole year. While most days I wonder why he works so hard, or rather how he works so hard and still finds it in him to come home with a smile for his girls--in the end I really admire his stamina and ability to work such long hours and long months.


He's smart.  
He buys me pancakes at the end tax season. Not to mention he's really good at Jeopardy and puzzle games on the iPhone.


He's handy.
 He fixes stuff around the house. Did you know not all men are like this? I thank my lucky stars I've got myself a handyman.

He's my cheer-leader (if only he still wore his outfit from high school).

Christian supports me 100 percent in anything I want to pursue--inside or outside of the home.  I could not live without that.
He's a caretaker.
He weeds, mows the lawn, trims bushes, sweeps the porch, gets the mail, picks up after his girls, organizes closets, loads the dishes, oh, and he takes care of me and Rosie too.  

He's forgiving. 
He built me a square-foot garden and didn't hate me when most of our veggies never even flowered...or when I went go over budget, or ask a million questions, or when I plan his entire saturday without even asking, or when I  lost my 3 day railpass in France.

Happy Birthday (tomorrow) Christian!! 

Love, your wife




* In case any of you are wondering what the rest of they days were...
10 mints a minting
9 month supply of chapstick
8 shirts starched and ironed 
7 warmer football games (reusable hand warmer for next season home games)
6 geese a-laying Cadbury mini eggs
5 cold things (fancy drinks in the fridge)
4 calling birds (friends and family called him)
3-D puzzle
2 rosie pictures
1 A fat man in stretchy pants (DVD of Nacho Libre)

**I think you're turning 28...sorry if you're not. I'm really bad with numbers, remember?


9 comments:

  1. Also I love you. 12 days of presents, this is better than birthday cake! Candace is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Christian! Maybe you should wear your cheer leading outfit for your special day. 28 is the age everyone pretends to be turning so live it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome idea!!!! Christian is such a great guy. We miss you guys! Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday!!!! - Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday to our favorite godfather!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A 28th birthday is a great reason to celebrate, but Christian is always worth making a big deal about. What would be do without you?? Thanks for being all the wonderful things Candace mentioned and many, many more. Happy be-lated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so amazing, Candace! My birthday is Dec 26th and i kinda got lost in the shuffle this year haha. how thoughtful of you to do this for your hubby. P.S. My husband is not handy at all..so yes- thank your lucky stars your husband has that talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a post coming soon, I miss them.

    ReplyDelete