Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dear C1,

Remember how we were talking about what to do for Valentine's Day? And I said (with not enough regret) I don't really do anything for you for Valentine's Day, but YOU usually clean the kitchen and get me flowers? And how you said yeah, but flowers are ridiculous. And I agreed? Well, I have an idea for this year:

I saw on Robbie and Catilin's blog (hueandhum.blogspot.com) that Caitlin is doing an oh-so-cool Valentine "Pay What You Want" deal on some of her prints. She says whether it's a small or large donation doesn't matter--she just wants to share her art!

I love how she has a "friend-tine" and a valentine or "lover-tine" option--I think either would be great on one of the empty walls in my creativity room!! This would be the perfect replacement for flowers this year, don't you think?

I'm just trying to give you some suggestions...but don't feel too pressured to do anything...it's not like the whole Internet knows what I'm hoping for.

Love,
Your mean wife

p.s.
For those of you who don't know these amazing folks at Hue and Hum, Caitlin sells her art for screaming deals (obviously) and is always finding fun creative projects, and Robbie is a real live rock star and releases free songs on their blog. One time in High School Robbie and I performed a duet for our East High Seminary class. It's no surprise to anyone that HE is the one that went on to be in a band on tour.

1 comment: