Most people celebrate three holidays in the winter time...we celebrate four (Thanksgiving, Christian's Birthday, Christmas, New Years). It's just one more time when I'm reminded that we are indeed getting older. But also a time to celebrate my No.1.
I am so proud of C1. He has done a lot in his 25th year. Here are few biggies...listed in no particular order, of course:
1. He let us buy a house where we get to have people over and they get to sit on real couches. And have real conversation. And drink real gourmet ginger ale.
2. He's been taking CPA exams like crazy. And passing them too! With pretty good scores, I might add. It's always a good day when you find out you married a genius. Isn't he a handsome CPA-to-be? I wouldn't mind him working in my office.
3. He's been fixing up the new house like a regular handyman. I knew all along I married one of those.
4. He graduated--which is a HUGE deal. Sometimes I forget about how important it is and definitely take it for granted. He also went to the Notre Dame game where he saw his Utes lose and he's seen many other sad losses as well...So I thought he might like a U of U red and white cake. I special-ordered some red food coloring. Unfortunately it didn't show up until the day AFTER I made this cake from last year. That's ok, I'm sure there will be other cakes to try it out on.
5. The biggest accomplishment of all is, that he put up with me for a whole 'nother year. Really, I'm nice to almost everyone but him. I hope he gets his wish, he deserves it!