Thursday, January 13, 2011

everyone does it

i know everyone picks their nose at some point in their life. but for the most part, i think we should all avoid committing the act in public. seriously. do we not all agree that there is absolutely no one who wants to see someone else pick their nose?

"OK, OK," you might be saying, "but why are you looking if it bothers you that badly?" Well, I say-- when was the last time YOU looked away when someone picked their nose? It usually happens so fast that by the time you've realized you've crashed their should-be-private-moment, you have ruined your delicious breakfast egg and toast sandwich (which you were late to work in order to prepare).

I heard of a missionary who had a chronic nose-picking problem (DISCLAIMER: this missionary is of NO relation to me or anyone i know...but could likely be related to above mentioned breakfast-ruining culprit). While the mission president met with the nose-picker for a routine interview, he said to the 19ish-year-old, "Elder, you might want to be careful about how you scratch your nose--some people might think you are picking it."

So--to the public nose-pickers of the world--I ask you, in the words of the the president--please consider carefully how you are "scratching" your nose.

4 comments:

  1. I have patient who has regular nose bleeds (often!) because he picks his nose routinely. I always remind him that if he would stop the nose-picking, he would likely be able to go a few days without a nose bleed. Guess it's just ingrained in some...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that story is from Doug's mission. Doug's trainer is the one who told the missionary that and Doug's 2nd companion was the nose scratcher/picker. Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, I am loving reading your blog updates, I have missed them. p.s. I'm so glad you posted that cake recipe on your blog b/c I've used it 3 times and I always just go straight to your blog.

    p.s.s. I'm really really really glad about "that other thing" too. Like, I couldn't sleep last night!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know nose pickers start young. My present church job has me smack in the middle of blooming flowers picking away. And they don't just pick . . .

    ReplyDelete