Saturday, December 5, 2009

cookie swap

I tagged along with The Table Runner to a Utah Food Bloggers brunch today. We went to The Wild Grape Bistro. Maybe one day I'll be a real food blogger...until then I'm happy to tag along with one.

My mom and I split their version of eggs benedict and a blue corn waffle. The eggs came served on thick, flavorful bread with a Wyomato slice (remember these from the farmer's market?), delicious ham and a very lemony sauce. The blue corn waffle was crisp and soft and was topped with a fancy shmancy orange marmalade and vanilla cream.



We all came with a dozen cookies and left with a dozen different cookies. I was definitely out of my element. Just look at some of these treats...







I didn't get a chance to take a photo of my mom's cherry chocolate crisp cookies...but they are like a Milano cookie only better (which I didn't think was possible)! I think over all my favorite were Tiff's cookies--the ones with red cranberries and green pepitas in a crunchy butter cookie. They were so Christmasy looking and I loved the texture and flavor.

I brought some sweet n' salty chocolate chip cookies--my mom's recipe, of course. They are fun twist on the normal chocolate chip cookie.


8 comments:

  1. So fun hanging out with you! The cookie sway was really brilliant bc now I have 10 different cookies instead of just one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday I might be cool enough to hang out with mom and the foodies...but I'm not quite there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, those cookies look amazing. I bet they tasted pretty good too! It was good seeing you friday, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you candace! you are so nice to mention my shortbread... i am honored! it was so fun and i have really enjoyed hanging out with you lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yours was the only cookie I didn't get to taste because my son gobbled it up before I got a chance. Guess I'll just have to make them! So good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was fun wasn't it? I'm glad I managed to resist the cookies in person but I'm enjoying seeing them on the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can just see food blogging in your future. You should be the Table Runner, Jr. Maybe the table walker :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read about that bloggie get together! Sounded like a blast, and those almond cookie stars are too cute, I can't wait to make the recipe!

    ReplyDelete