Thursday, November 20, 2008

BBQ and Bristol

So, these people know how to eat--and they know how to decorate for Christmas. I know it's kind of early, but let me tell you, it felt like Christmas today after all my events were over--and they went pretty darn good (stay tuned for some specifics on that). For now, I gotta post these photos of Scott and my "celebratory adventure" to the Bristol Speedway in Lights and Ridgewood Barbecue.


"You haven't had BBQ until you've had Ridgewood." This place is back in the woods (sort of like Ruth's Diner for those of you familiar with that). There is a smoke house next door where they smoke all their meat--delicious and moist. I'm not a BBQ expert by any means, but, this place made me want to be. They serve their fries with homemade blue cheese dip. And delicious baked beans. That white on the plate is slaw--oh yeah, we're in the south, baby.


It's like a huge Christmas street. They've set up themed lights that move and blink and everything all around the Bristol Speedway (hello, do we have any Nascar fans?? I don't even know how to spell it...). We actually drove on the track. Craziness!

5 comments:

  1. I loved seeing those cute pics of you! As much as I like seeing pictures of the yummy food you eat....you are much prettier to look at. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is amazing just like you! I love it! How are you liking TN? Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. driving on the race track is cool! sounds like something i would want to do if i ever went there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so funny! I am so glad you are back!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first, i love the pic of duehls and the food! second, i believe this was shortly after you two talked to me! man i miss you guys. third, gotta love the south!

    ReplyDelete