Friday, October 17, 2008

I Dare You To Store It



My newest goal--food storage. With my empty fridge and sadly stocked pantry, I am failing miserably at it right now. But I have been inspired to do something more by a wonderful lady. visit her site. While her book is titled I Dare You To Eat It, I am still in the pre-phase of "I dare you to store it." You'll find many tips in her book and on her site like what foods you should store, how much food you should store, how much it costs, and how much space it will take up. My attitude toward food storage has been one of "oh, in a disaster, I'll be close to my parents and they'll have food for me." But I am beginning to think that food storage is not just for the natural disasters that I feared as a child...I think they are for when gas prices hike up the cost of grocieries and when ecconomies collapse...but I don't think that will happen any time soon (cough, cough). Well, Candace, you're 23 now, and you have your own car, your own apartment, and your own family. I think it's time you get your own food storage too.

5 comments:

  1. YAY candace! We (me + liesa) love love love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah crap I need to do this, too. Well, we're close to you guys so in a distaster, we're moving in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree ... I need to start our food storage too and just keep procrastinating it, but hopefully I'll get it started here soon. Thanks for the website help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good call, dude. Good call. I realized if we had a disaster we'd probably eat granola bars for 6 days and then walk to Ogden to mooch off my parents. We have days I can't even make a single meal from what's in the kitchen, let alone surviving for a few days.

    I finally decided we should use those tall cupboards I can't reach anyway to store a little better than we do.

    Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can Pan!
    Now that you're not going to mooch off the parents anymore, does that mean we can? jk. We're trying to get the food storage thing down- a little at at time. We found it helpful to store canned foods under our bed or in an empty suitcase to make the most of the small spaces. Thanks for sharing this website!

    ReplyDelete